Monday, July 5, 2010

IMAGINATION

TV or not TV ;
Why am I so addicted ?
When I was a kid , in radio
the scenes were not depicted.

I used my imagination ;
the scenes were in my mind.
But now, I sit and stare at IT
and broaden my behind.

Sometimes I work while sitting,
but the 'EYE' is usually on ;
If radio shows could once more be,
the TV would be gone .

We'd go back to those yesterdays
when Radio was KING ...
adventure, romance, mystery ;
it gave us everything !

Excitedly we'd listen ,
and thrill to daring feats ;
we kids spent evenings home
instead of in the streets.

Ah, the good old days of radio
with programs you could trust ;
not like TV where we can see
its violence and lust.

Imagination ran the show ;
we didn't have to see
what Jack and Doc and Reggie did
on 'I Love a Mystery'

Daytimes you'd find us playing
outside in clean, fresh air ...
we exercised our bodies ;
had energy to spare.

But now the exercise I need
is getting off my butt
to turn the doggone TV off
and quit that mindless rut !



I wrote this back in 1994, I think, when watching TV was what
I mostly tended to do, as my main activity. So, I decided to
write about it, and see if that would spur me on to something
a little more productive. Or, stimulating, at least. Reading
AND writing became two of my hobbies ,

I hope you enjoy these offerings for today, and maybe give
you something to think about.

Thank you.

Count your blessings today and every day,
D

1 comment:

  1. haha I read this as the boob tube is on but to my credit I did go skating yesterday.

    ReplyDelete