Sunday, March 20, 2011

SOMETIMES

You know, when I speak to people,
especially those I love, I sometimes
want to get across a point that I feel
needs to be addressed, and think I do
it in such a way as to irritate them.
I sometimes speak a little louder
or use cuss words to emphasize
the point.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's
feelings, but think I do, unintentionally.
Sometimes I feel it's the only way
to make them understand; to feel
the importance of what I'm trying
to bring to their attention.

My voice is not unduly loud, so
sometimes have to raise it
to be heard.

Also, when excited, I sometimes
speak louder than intended, and
people think I'm angry. I'm not,
just so anxious to get the person
to understand what I'm trying to say.

Sometimes, I feel as though
I'll never be heard
unless I raise my voice.

Frustration sometimes
makes me louder.
When I feel someone isn't
really listening, isn't getting
the point I'm trying to make,
it is indeed, frustrating

So, if I've given any of you
the wrong idea, or getting you
upset or angry with me,
please re-think whatever
it is that we talked about,
and realize that I sometimes
come across differently
than was the intention.

I love everyone so much,
and would never do or say
anything to purposely
hurt you, so please realize
that I do get carried away
with my zeal. Sometimes.



I love you all.
D

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear you way over here! And you didn't even type in all CAPS! :) Just kidding. Hope you're being heard better now.

    ReplyDelete