Thursday, December 23, 2010

REFLECTIONS

The past few years have brought much to reflect upon.
Within a 10 month period, we experienced the loss of two of our family members. My
husband, known to many as Bris, but Daddy and Papa, Papa Bee, Uncle Erwin and Uncle Bris to others, passed away on December 16th, 2009.
Just recently, my daughter-in-law, Linda Dye, known as Mom, Sis, Nana and Auntie Linda lost her life on October 17th, this year, 2010 .

We, the family, have lost others very dear to us in the last few years...... our Vinny in 2005, then our April a couple of years later, 2007, I think, and my sister, Phyllis Wolfe, known as Mom, Nanny, and Auntie Phyllis in 2005.
In March of 2009, we lost Katherine Soares, known as Mom, Nana, and Auntie .
So many loved ones, gone from our midst.

There has been much sickness, too, life-threatening illnesses, for many of our family members
but I won't go into that here.

There have been babies born within our ranks, and we are blessed by that fact.
And so, life balances out...the circle, or cycle of life goes on.

There are those who have tried to find employment...some have had success, others still trying, still struggling. Many having a hard time, because of the slow economy. But, I hope
things will turn around soon, and situations will get better.

My purpose in writing this is not to bring anyone down, but to celebrate having known these dear ones, and the privilege of having had them in our lives. This is a season in which to be joyful, however our beliefs may differ. It's a happy time of year, a time for family gatherings, feasting, giving and receiving gifts, singing happy, joyful songs, and being thankful for those who are still with us.

It is a time for showing appreciation for what we do have, and for working all the harder to attain what we desire , without hurting others to get it.

It is a time for demonstrating love for our family, love for our friends and acquaintances, neighbors, and those we meet in our everyday lives, co-workers, schoolmates. mail carriers, newspaper carriers, all those we do business with, everybody.

It s a time to forgive. We need to show compassion and understanding, accepting people for who they are. As Mr. Rogers, of TV fame, used to say... "I love you just the way you are".
We each want to be loved and accepted, and we need to do the same toward others.

For any who are estranged from our family or any others, we need to show them this same love and acceptance. May God, or the Universe, whatever and whomever you believe in, bless our efforts, and bring our family together again in peace and love.

So it is with mixed feelings that I approach this Holiday season, and I hope with all my heart
that the New Year coming, 2011, will see all of us in better health, better financial straits, better, healthier family dynamics, and hope for a better future for all.

As Tiny Tim says, "God Bless us, Everyone" !!

I love every single one of you, with all my heart !


D





1 comment:

  1. This one has been hard to read. I thought of my father who died in 2004 as well as papa and auntie Linda. I thought of the people estranged in my life right now and my financial situation. But I know God has a plan. I just have to be patient and wait for it to unfold. I love you

    ReplyDelete